Friday, September 7, 2012

August Loves

I guess I haven't done a monthly loves post in quite some time, so these are kind of like my entire summer's worth of loves (in no particular order):


Beauty Loves

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in basically every color (Honey pictured)
I'm sure we've all seen countless raves of these, so I'm not going to spend much time on them except to say that they're fantastic and I'm basically obsessed.  Let me know if you'd like me to swatch and/or review these.

e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
This is great for taming my crazy eyebrows just a bit when I want to appear slightly more polished, which is the only use I'm interested in.  (Why would I ever wear clear mascara?)

Almay One Coat Get Up & Grow Mascara
If you're an o.g. Kathryn Rose follower, you might remember me being really into this mascara forever ago and then kind of forgetting about it.  So it's a rediscovered love for me, and you really can't beat it in terms of cruelty-free, clump-free volume for the price.

Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadow in Silent Treatment
The quality of these shadows is incredible, and this particular trio can be adapted for either daytime or nighttime.

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny
This cult bronzer is every bit as good as everyone says it is.


Boots No7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion
Liz was right (per usual) about this being a dupe for Benefit High Beam, and I'm certain this pearlescent liquid highlight would be beautiful on any skintone.



Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo and Intensive Moisture Mask
Since switching to this sulfate-free line, my hair is noticeably softer and shinier with less breakage.


There's no non-awkward way to arrange these eight objects.
Fashion Loves

Jorts
I'm sure any Floridian will tell you that denim cutoffs are an absolute summer staple.  (Is this true all over the south?)  I've been especially into these white ones from American Eagle.

January Jones Versace
Who doesn't love a pair of huge sunnies?  This Betty Draper inspired retro gorgeous pair has scarcely left my face since receiving them for my birthday (May).


Random Loves
Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Skins: Favorite ever; I'm rewatching because I've seriously watched everything on Netflix.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: Can't believe I waited so long to read this; it's perfection.

Personal Update
I completed my "general" A.A. degree this summer but missed the deadline to transfer to UCF for this fall, so I'm currently taking a couple Journalism classes at SSC, just to keep my brain from falling out my ears during an unintentional semester off.  So I'll be working on the school newspaper which is kind of exciting, as I've never really been an extra-curricular kind of person.  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but this journalism thing just might end up making sense for me.  (Watch out, Anna Wintour.)

What do you think of my August loves?  What were some of your favies this month/summer?

XOXO, T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and for keeping your comment relevant to this post. If, however, you're only here to promote your own blog or giveaway, don't waste your time, as your comment will be regarded as spam and promptly deleted (and I will send you tons of bad juju).